We both felt the nausea and dizziness of altitude sickness in the giant Andes Mountains, yet somehow enjoyed the incredible experiences we had in Ecuador. In fact, I had forgotten how sick we were until T reminded me long after the trip was over. Amazing that I only remembered the good stuff. Altitude sickness starts at about 8000 ft and we were often up over 10,000 ft. The highest point in the Andes is over 22000 ft. As air density drops, there is less available oxygen and hydrogen, so it feels like having the flu or a bad hangover … More…
The traveler is active; he goes strenuously in search of people, of adventure, of experience. The tourist is passive; he expects interesting things to happen to him. He goes “sight-seeing”.— Daniel J. Boorstin
Shirley and Mr. T
"WHAT A GREAT TRAVEL BOOK! I WANT TO HAVE THE SAME FUN THESE TWO HAVE AND THEIR LEVEL OF DARING."
- Hugh Wiley, Author of Dancing With Change -
"FANTASTIC BOOK. FULL OF TRUE STORIES...THE WRITER ALWAYS MANAGES TO GET HERSELF INTO CRAZY SITUATIONS AND THE READER GETS TAKEN ALONG FOR THE RIDE. "
- Grayson Miller -
THIS IS AN AMAZING BOOK. IT IS SO UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL. I KEPT READING WAY INTO THE NIGHT AND JUST COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN.
- Patti Ernst -
VIP Access to NEW TRAVEL POSTS
- The Wilds Of Borneo: An Alternative To The African Safari?
- CONTEST: WIN $8000 One-year Membership
- Private Tour of Wild Borneo
- Why You Should Skip Manila – But Definitely See The Philippines Islands
- El Nido Videos: Above and Beyond To Cruel and Unusual
- El Nido, Philippines: Pompous Roosters, Leaping Geckos and a Heartbreaking Story
- 5 Jaw-Droppingly Stunning Islands of Palawan, Philippines
- Getting To The Best Island In The World: El Nido, Palawan Island, Philippines
- S. E. Asia: “99% Of What We Worry About Never Happens”
- Philippines: DapDap, Lapu Lapu
- About Us
- All Posts
- My Book
- Contact Us
- Funny Travel Stories
- Guest Posts
- Most Popular Posts
- Recent Posts
- Thank you for subscribing to new posts
- Travel Tips
- Work With Us
- Countries Menu
Top Posts & Pages
- A Land Where Big Women are the Most Beautiful
- Tonga: The Sexiest Men In The World
- New Year's Eve in the Streets of Ponta Delgada, Sao Miguel
- Valentine's Day On A Dangerous Island
- The Yellow City
- Falling Down the Castle Stairs in Ireland
- Off-The-Beaten-Path Beaches In The Yucatan, Mexico
- Paraguay: Pride of the Guarani
- 10 Reasons Why "I Love My Island"
- The Azores Diet Plan
Join 25,000 Others
VIP access to NEW POSTS
© Photos Copyright Travel Little Known PlacesPlease remember all photos on this website, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted and the property of Travel To Little Known Places Website & Shirley Hollick. Please do not use them without my permission. If you do want to use one of them please contact me first. Thank You!