Cebu to El Nido We were on our way to El Nido, Palawan Island, Philippines, voted as holding the #1 spot for the “best island in the world” (Travel + Leisure Magazine), 2016. Arriving at Cebu Airport for our flight to El Nido, there were colourful shops with every kind of Filipino packaged foods and snacks. One shop even had the Filipino delicacy, Lechon, proudly displayed in an airport shop window. Lechon is a special dish where the entire pig is spit-roasted over coals, with the crisp, golden-brown skin served with liver sauce. We had to take a … More…
My favourite thing is to go where I’ve never been.
Shirley and Mr. T
"WHAT A GREAT TRAVEL BOOK! I WANT TO HAVE THE SAME FUN THESE TWO HAVE AND THEIR LEVEL OF DARING."
- Hugh Wiley, Author of Dancing With Change -
"FANTASTIC BOOK. FULL OF TRUE STORIES...THE WRITER ALWAYS MANAGES TO GET HERSELF INTO CRAZY SITUATIONS AND THE READER GETS TAKEN ALONG FOR THE RIDE. "
- Grayson Miller -
THIS IS AN AMAZING BOOK. IT IS SO UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL. I KEPT READING WAY INTO THE NIGHT AND JUST COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN.
- Patti Ernst -
VIP Access to NEW TRAVEL POSTS
- CONTEST: WIN $8000 One-year Membership
- Private Tour of Wild Borneo
- Why You Should Skip Manila – But Definitely See The Philippines Islands
- El Nido Videos: Above and Beyond To Cruel and Unusual
- El Nido, Philippines: Pompous Roosters, Leaping Geckos and a Heartbreaking Story
- 5 Jaw-Droppingly Stunning Islands of Palawan, Philippines
- Getting To The Best Island In The World: El Nido, Palawan Island, Philippines
- S. E. Asia: “99% Of What We Worry About Never Happens”
- Philippines: DapDap, Lapu Lapu
- Maybe I’m A Little Slow, But SEO…
- About Us
- All Posts
- My Book
- Contact Us
- Funny Travel Stories
- Guest Posts
- Most Popular Posts
- Recent Posts
- Thank you for subscribing to new posts
- Travel Tips
- Work With Us
- Countries Menu
Top Posts & Pages
- A Land Where Big Women are the Most Beautiful
- Tonga: The Sexiest Men In The World
- Car and Driver In Ecuador, Cheaper Than Car Rental
- Valentine's Day On A Dangerous Island
- New Year's Eve in the Streets of Ponta Delgada, Sao Miguel
- Stopping By To See Goldie (Hawn) and Kurt (Russell) In The Muskokas
- Wildest Train Ride Ever!
- How Do You Have Fun In Spite Of Altitude Sickness?
- Azores: 15 Top Recommendations (plus Bonus for Doughheads)
- Wild White Horses & Black Bulls
Join 25,000 Others
VIP access to NEW POSTS
© Photos Copyright Travel Little Known PlacesPlease remember all photos on this website, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted and the property of Travel To Little Known Places Website & Shirley Hollick. Please do not use them without my permission. If you do want to use one of them please contact me first. Thank You!