Thank you to Leslie Foster of The Bug That Bit Me for nominating my website, Travel To Little Known Places, for The Liebster Award. It’s an award given to new websites by fellow website bloggers. It has German origins and the word “liebster” has several definitions: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome, and sweetheart. Kind of cute.
Leslie is ” a girl with restless feet” who looks for inspiring locations and unexpected travel experiences, much like we do. I love the name of her website, The Bug That Bit Me which I believe refers to having been bitten by the travel bug. Check it out.
You pay the nomination forward by nominating five other new websites.
Along with the nomination, the Liebster Award comes with a set of ten interview questions for the nominee to answer.
Each nominee then develops ten interview questions of their own, and nominates five other websites, thus helping everyone build an audience.
Thank you again, Leslie, for nominating Travel To Little Known Places.
The 10 Interview Questions For Us From Leslie:
1. How much time do you spend on blogging per week, including social media?
About 16 hours just to create one post, plus an additional 8 hours on site maintenance, plus 4-6 hours reading other travel blog websites.
2. Is there a destination you never go back to? Why?
We seldom go back to the same place twice, even if we loved it, simply because there are so many new countries that we want to see.
3. Where have you encountered the nicest people on your travels? Give an example.
Tough question. Tonga and New Zealand come to mind first, but also almost all Central and South America countries.
4. What’s one thing you’ve eaten while travelling that you still dream about?
Chocolate croissants and coffee, both freshly made, in Buenos Aires, Argentina… mouth-watering.
5. Where do you live now? If you had to pick another place to live where would it be?
We live in Canada, but we would pick New Zealand, if it wasn’t so far away.
6. Which aspect of blogging is your favourite?
Writing the travel stories, especially the misadventures.
7. Which aspect of blogging is your least favourite?
Anything to do with marketing.
8. Name one goal for your blog this year.
Be successful at monetizing without selling my soul.
9. What did you want to be when you were a child?
10. Where do you draw inspiration from other than travelling?
Reading some of the funniest and best travel blog writers I can find.
Pay It Forward!
To pay it forward, I nominate the following travel bloggers. Please check out their amazing new websites.
Our Interview Questions:
10 questions, should the above bloggers accept the nomination for the Liebster Award:
- When and why did you start your website?
- Describe your creative process.
- If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go and why?
- What have you found to be your best source of new readers?
- How do you monetize or plan to monetize your site?
- What is your favourite travel blog website?
- What do you do when you get tired of writing new posts?
- What was the last thing that made you laugh so hard you were crying?
- What aspect of blogging is your least favourite?
- What is the worst place you’ve ever been? Why? Did you write about it honestly?
Here are the Rules if you’re nominated for Liebster Award:
- Accept the nomination and thank your nominator with a link to their website.
- Answer the questions of the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate five new bloggers you think deserve attention.
- Create 10 new questions for your nominees.
- Write an article on your blog nomination and link it back to the website of your nominator.
- Tag your nominator again when you share your article on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, so she can read your Liebster Award blog post.
Originally posted 2016-01-30 10:19:52. Republished by Blog Post PromoterMAKE $25 HERE: https://www.booking.com/s/21_8/essd0s60 Free Cancellations are the reason we love using Booking.com, plus every single place we have stayed (all over the world) has been fantastic. Get $25 credit plus get another $25 for every person you refer. https://www.booking.com/s/21_8/essd0s60