Well, I have done some crazy things in the past, but this one about tops them all. On a pitch-black night, in the middle of the Amazon Jungle, in Ecuador, we canoed on a swamp searching for crocodiles by flashlight, with a 12-year-old native Quechua Indian navigating. We found one 7 foot female croc and one 8 foot croc, and 3 baby crocodiles. A few of us had flashlights, so beams of light flitted across the black water, occasionally catching some weeds or a tree or some tall reeds. We were very quiet. It was taking a … More…
Our happiest moments as travellers always seem to come when we stumble upon one thing while in pursuit of something else.— Lawrence Block
Shirley and Mr. T
"WHAT A GREAT TRAVEL BOOK! I WANT TO HAVE THE SAME FUN THESE TWO HAVE AND THEIR LEVEL OF DARING."
- Hugh Wiley, Author of Dancing With Change -
"FANTASTIC BOOK. FULL OF TRUE STORIES...THE WRITER ALWAYS MANAGES TO GET HERSELF INTO CRAZY SITUATIONS AND THE READER GETS TAKEN ALONG FOR THE RIDE. "
- Grayson Miller -
THIS IS AN AMAZING BOOK. IT IS SO UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL. I KEPT READING WAY INTO THE NIGHT AND JUST COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN.
- Patti Ernst -
VIP Access to NEW TRAVEL POSTS
- Time Traveller
- Borneo: Orangutan Break-In, Night Safari and Tea Plantation
- Children Hide Inside Tree in Sabah, Borneo, World War ll
- Borneo River Safari: Gigantic Butterflies and Tree-Climbing Crocodiles
- Bird’s Nest Soup: Most Expensive Soup in the World
- How To Make Roti in Borneo
- An Entire Exotic Island to Yourself in Tonga
- Borneo: Rare Sighting of the Cutest Pygmy Elephants
- Ghost Plants, Stink Bugs & A Magical Lake in the Borneo Rainforest
- Borneo: Stripped Naked By An Orangutan
- About Us
- All Posts
- My Book
- Contact Us
- Funny Travel Stories
- Guest Posts
- Recent Posts
- Thank you for subscribing to new posts
- Top Posts
- Travel Tips
- Work With Us
- Countries Menu
- Bookwitty Search
Top Posts & Pages
- Tonga: The Sexiest Men In The World
- A Land Where Big Women are the Most Beautiful
- Azores: 15 Top Recommendations (plus Bonus for Doughheads)
- Falling Down the Castle Stairs in Ireland
- Car and Driver In Ecuador, Cheaper Than Car Rental
- Ring 2: Skip The Ring Of Kerry, But Don't Miss Killarney Park
- Why Are The Azores So Horn'y?
- How to Overcome Your Fear of Spiders
- Someone Stole My Shoes!
- The Gilligans' Island Experience
Join 25,000 Others
VIP access to NEW POSTS
© Photos Copyright Travel Little Known PlacesPlease remember all photos on this website, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted and the property of Travel To Little Known Places Website & Shirley Hollick. Please do not use them without my permission. If you do want to use one of them please contact me first. Thank You!