Ok, so maybe Belize wasn’t so bad after all. One of the few times in Belize that we saw that inimitable Caribbean turquoise water was when we were on the ferry heading toward Caye Caulker from the rather ugly Belize City. It was thrilling to see the true blue Caribbean waters after only seeing wild dark waters banging against cement walls on the coast. We deliberately chose quiet Caye Caulker over the expensive and over-developed Ambergris Caye. It seems that most of the beautiful blue water is found on the islands off the mainland. Who knew this? Why hadn’t … More…
To my mind, the greatest reward and luxury of travel is to be able to experience everyday things as if for the first time, to be in a position in which almost nothing is so familiar it is taken for granted.— Bill Bryson
"WHAT A GREAT TRAVEL BOOK! I WANT TO HAVE THE SAME FUN THESE TWO HAVE AND THEIR LEVEL OF DARING."
- Hugh Wiley, Author of Dancing With Change -
"FANTASTIC BOOK. FULL OF TRUE STORIES...THE WRITER ALWAYS MANAGES TO GET HERSELF INTO CRAZY SITUATIONS AND THE READER GETS TAKEN ALONG FOR THE RIDE. "
- Grayson Miller -
THIS IS AN AMAZING BOOK. IT IS SO UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL. I KEPT READING WAY INTO THE NIGHT AND JUST COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN.
- Patti Ernst -
VIP Access to NEW TRAVEL POSTS
- Why You Should Skip Manila – But Definitely See The Philippines Islands
- El Nido Videos: Above and Beyond To Cruel and Unusual
- El Nido, Philippines: Pompous Roosters, Leaping Geckos and a Heartbreaking Story
- 5 Jaw-Droppingly Stunning Islands of Palawan, Philippines
- Getting To The Best Island In The World: El Nido, Palawan Island, Philippines
- S. E. Asia: “99% Of What We Worry About Never Happens”
- Philippines: DapDap, Lapu Lapu
- Maybe I’m A Little Slow, But SEO…
- ASIA Super Trip: Our Greatest Fear
- Spread A Little Happiness
- About Us
- All Posts
- My Book
- Contact Us
- Funny Travel Stories
- Guest Posts
- Most Popular Posts
- Recent Posts
- Thank you for subscribing to new posts
- Travel Tips
- Work With Us
- Countries Menu
Top Posts & Pages
- The Yellow City
- Pay To Pee
- A Land Where Big Women are the Most Beautiful
- Off-The-Beaten-Path Beaches In The Yucatan, Mexico
- Car and Driver In Ecuador, Cheaper Than Car Rental
- Someone Stole My Shoes!
- Wildest Train Ride Ever!
- Heal Thyself in a Roman Turkish Bath House
- Bastille Towns of Southern France
Join 25,000 Others
VIP access to NEW POSTS
© Photos Copyright Travel Little Known PlacesPlease remember all photos on this website, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted and the property of Travel To Little Known Places Website & Shirley Hollick. Please do not use them without my permission. If you do want to use one of them please contact me first. Thank You!