• GET NEW POSTS HERE

    Enter your email address:

How To Make Roti in Borneo

  One of our stops on our way to a new jungle resort in Borneo was for Indian food. What a treat it was to watch this guy making each individual fresh roti, and with a bright smile that showed how much he really seemed to enjoy doing it. To watch it was true art.     How to Make Roti   Starting with a little ball of dough he starts stretching it and throwing it in the air until it is paper-thin and two feet across!   Then he folds the thin dough many times into a square, oils … More…

Share

Ghost Plants, Stink Bugs & A Magical Lake in the Borneo Rainforest

The Lake   It was the most mesmerizing lake we had ever seen. Set in the Borneo rain forest like a jewel of peace among wild thorns.  (Double-click on any photo to see it full size)   Reflections so perfect and so still, you’d swear there were two lakes.    Most astounding was the silence. In any forest you will hear the sounds of birds and animals and insects, yet at this enthralling place in the Borneo rainforest, there was not a sound. The unusual silence was hypnotic.   Even the remote Northern Lakes of Canada were not this noiseless. … More…

Share

S. E. Asia: “99% Of What We Worry About Never Happens”

  Malaria   As many of us have said before,   “99% of what we worry about never happens, and the other 1% we can handle.”   And so it was with our fears of Malaria, and fears of the side-effects of the drugs to prevent Malaria. It’s a well-known fact that some of them make you feel really sick, and who wants that to ruin your trip.   First of all, I was given Doxycycline, an antibiotic that apparently is also effective against Malaria, but not with the adverse effects of Malarone or Choroquine or Mefloquine. It was great. … More…

Share
  • Get New Posts Here

    Enter your email address: