I became quite ill after the rough flight to the tiny island of Flores (The Azores). In a wild storm, and after several aborted landing attempts and a rugged one-wheel landing, I could barely stand up when getting off the plane. There was dark magic in the roaring winds that sent wild waves crashing onto jagged rocks and a… Continue reading
When you travel, remember that a foreign country is not designed to make you comfortable. It is designed to make its own people comfortable.— Clifton Fadiman
Shirley and Mr. T
“WHAT A GREAT TRAVEL BOOK! I WANT TO HAVE THE SAME FUN THESE TWO HAVE AND THEIR LEVEL OF DARING.”
– Hugh Wiley, Author of Dancing With Change –
“FANTASTIC BOOK. FULL OF TRUE STORIES…THE WRITER ALWAYS MANAGES TO GET HERSELF INTO CRAZY SITUATIONS AND THE READER GETS TAKEN ALONG FOR THE RIDE. ”
– Grayson Miller –
THIS IS AN AMAZING BOOK. IT IS SO UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL. I KEPT READING WAY INTO THE NIGHT AND JUST COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN.
– Patti Ernst –
VIP Access to NEW TRAVEL POSTS
- Ireland: Playing In The Rain
- Ingapirca Ruins and Purple Fog
- Getting To The Best Island In The World: El Nido, Palawan Island, Philippines
- Argentina: Coffee, Croissants And Cads
- Bags of Money Floating On The Ocean
- How to Overcome Your Fear of Spiders
- The Bicycle Taxi Ride Of Our Lives!
- ASIA Super Trip: Our Greatest Fear
- Sumptuous Mayan Chocolate
- Superb Food In Southern France?
- All Posts
- Contact Us
- Recent Posts
- Top Posts
- Travel Tips
- Work With Us
- S. E. Asia
- South America
- United States
Top Posts & Pages
- Tonga: The Sexiest Men In The World
- A Land Where Big Women are the Most Beautiful
- Why Are The Azores So Horn'y?
- The Yellow City
- Valentine's Day On A Dangerous Island
- Sloppy Joes, Prostitutes and Milk in Havana
- Close Your Eyes & Spin The Globe
- Borneo: Stripped Naked By An Orangutan
- 3 Great Cheap Restaurants in Old Havana
- How Do You Have Fun In Spite Of Altitude Sickness?
Join 25,000 Others
VIP access to NEW POSTS
© Photos Copyright Travel Little Known PlacesPlease remember all photos on this website, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted and the property of Travel To Little Known Places Website & Shirley Hollick. Please do not use them without my permission. If you do want to use one of them please contact me first. Thank You!